Sunday, April 4, 2010

Did you feel that?

Sometime around 3:30 or so, I was lying down for my afternoon nap. All of a sudden, there was movement and I thought, "Why is the couch moving? Is there an earthquake?," which is ridiculous since we don't have those in AZ, but being from San Francisco, I know all about them. Cat Leia, who was already sleeping on the pillows, woke up like she had been disturbed and walked away. I thought maybe she had felt it too, but then chalked it up to coincidence.

A couple hours later (I take long naps, lol), I turned the tv on and it just happened to be tuned to the news. What were they talking about? An earthquake! I googled it and found out a 7.2 magnitude earthquake had hit Baja, Mexico and it was felt all over Southern California and in some parts of Arizona (I knew I wasn't imagining things). There was also a smaller one in the Bay Area ten minutes later, but it wasn't related.

Feeling earthquakes in AZ is weird since natural disasters are not common here. We did have a recent one, though, in January 2010. It was raining like crazy and Arizona was declared a state of emergency. Other than that, AZ is a pretty nice state to live in, if you don't count all the debt we have, but that's a whole 'nother story.

No comments:

Post a Comment