Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tempeh Reubens

Since I'm trying to eat at home as much as possible, I thought it would be a good idea to start trying out some new recipes so I don't get bored. I found a recipe for tempeh reubens a few months ago and bought some tempeh especially for it, but I didn't get around to making them until now.

Megan's Tempeh Reubens

I pretty much followed the recipe for the marinade except I didn't use the paprika, thyme, or chili flakes. I also didn't have garlic so I used garlic powder and regular soy sauce instead of tamari. For the dressing, I mixed together mayo, ketchup, and some Sweet and Spicy Relish This! from Sunshine Specialty Foods, a local company in Chandler, AZ.

I didn't have any cheese either so it was just tempeh, sauerkraut, and the dressing. I used my George Foreman grill to toast the sandwich up and it was delicious. It had a nice soy sauce and sesame oil flavor, which went surprising well with the sourness of the sauerkraut. I haven't had a chance to buy more tempeh, but when I do, it will be just for this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment