Thursday, February 11, 2010

I have to read how many?

Since I'm doing so many different challenges, I thought it would be a good idea to figure out if I can actually fit all of them in this year.

My goal is to read 50 books from the public library. The specifics:
-6 vampire series books
-6 non-fiction books
-10 published in 2010 books
-12 YA books (at least 6 vampire books)
-12 author birthday books

Since there are so many vampire series written for teens, I'm going to overlap my vampire book challenge with the YA challenge. That brings my total to 40 books that have to fit into categories and 10 that I can choose on my own. Since the non-fiction challenge ends at the end of February 2011, I'll save 2 for next year, which leaves 4. I already read one book for the 2010 challenge and one for the birthday challenge, so I'll subtract another 2 from the total, which leaves me with 36.

Thirty six books doesn't seem too bad. I've already read 3 "free" books so that leaves 11. I have a lot more than that in my TBR pile so I guess some of those will have to wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment